LightBlog

mercredi 22 avril 2015

[Q] Need help - Unlocked Japanese Note 3 no longer works!

Hi All,

Please help. I'm a rookie at rooting and have an unlocked Japanese Note 3 through AU (my Japanese service provider). I was in a rush and paid someone to unlock it before heading back to the States last year. The phone works with my AT&T sim card but when I am back in Japan (with Japanese sim) I am constantly being dropped from the network. 4G service usually works for internet, etc, but I cannot make/receive phone calls and only occasionally can send/receive text messages. I need to know if I should re-root the phone (and leave it rooted) or just do a factory reset (or perhaps change some other setting to get things working again)? The problem with a factory reset is that it will probably re-lock the phone and I don't have a code.

Strange Detail:
Whenever I try to dial a number, the name of a Chinese Province shows up under the Contact's Name. This suggested to me some network issue where the phone somehow thinks it's in China (though texts still kinda work...) and doesn't connect correctly to the Japanese network.

Details:
Model: sm-N900J (per the download screen) i believe this means it has a SnapDragon Processor
Knox warranty has been tripped (apparently by the guy I paid to unlock it originally - is that bad?)
Android 4.3 (looks like I'm still in the original version of Jellybean. Should I upgrade to Kitkat or Lollipop?)

Other Issues:
As of two days ago, the phone now restarts after about 5 minutes of use. Like many Note 3 phones, it's always done the occasional random restart (another reason to root?) but now it's making the phone almost unusable. Also, since having the phone rooted/unlocked/re-rooted I always get a series of warnings upon start-up. Typically, standard Samsung apps like S Planner, Calendar and TouchWiz have stopped. I have never been able to use the Calendar (or other basic apps) since it always crashes. Is this an issue with Knox clashing with something from the original root (I still see SuperSU loaded -but "turned off"- in the apps menu)?

Idealy...
...someone can help me decide the best course of action (Root, Reset, Other), and how to make sure I can connect back up to my Japanese network properly. I think I'd prefer to root since what I want is an unlocked phone that works smoothly, with good battery life, little to no bloatware, a custom theme and a working S pen. If I root, what's the best method (already have SuperSU apparently) and which ROM and version of Android would be the most stable?

Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1G6IXyc
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire