LightBlog

mercredi 22 avril 2015

Try turning off LTE for better battery life

I just did this and have noticed that my SoT has increased DRAMATICALLY. Take this with a grain of salt as it's the first time I've run this test, but previously, even at the DIMMEST setting, I noticed that I could only get about 27 minutes of SoT at 90% battery life. Just right now, in a bright room (my screen is set at the dimmest setting on auto, but it is NOT at the dimmest the screen can be), I just got 42 minutes of SoT at 90% battery. That is a 55% increase in battery life, not factoring in the additional battery it takes because the screen is also brighter.

Will leave LTE off to see how this test progresses and if I can repeat it, but give it a try and let me know if it works as well for you as it did for me.

When Qualcomm first started making LTE chips, they were very inefficient. This might be the case with Samsung as well.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1aROpMu
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire